I Wear Africa | Tribal
I Wear Africa | Tribal
While in the process of producing this design, I was a bit conflicted. I did not want to create something already on the market. The first sample came it was too plain for what I intended the end goal to be. I wanted so much to incorporate an African artistic twist to the design this time. However, I did not want to use anything which looks like the wax fabric prints, so I started to research symbolic and geometric patterns specifically understand the meaning behind each symbol used in the Adinkra (originally from Ghana) symbol collection. After few weeks of researching, I decided to use these:
- The parallel zigzag – reminds the viewer to obey the path of the accentors which is often used to represent the fact that nothing in life is straightforward, and the path will be difficult to follow.
- Hye Won Hye -The symbol denotes endurance and imperishability. Its meaning has been derived from the traditional priests walking barefooted on the fire without getting burned. Its role is to inspire other people to endure and overcome all types of challenges
- The Diamond shape – royalty – shows dual lined roles as human and chief (Queen)/Woman and Queen
- Circle – represents eternity/infinity (royal power and lineage
- Nteasee - The Akan term for "understanding" It is an African symbol that represents understanding and cooperation. It urges people to be more considerate and compassionate towards one another.
- - 100% Leather
- - Length: 33.88 cm / 13 inches
- - Height: 27.94cm /11 inches
- - Lining: Textile - poly
- - Depth: 30.48 cm / 12 inches
- - Color: Chocolate brown
- - Back Pocket :1 - Zipper closure
- - Inside pockets: 3
- - Handle: Double
- - Brass color hardware
- -Shoulder straps: 76.2 cm / 30 inches
Orders have a processing time of 3-5 business days (weekends/holidays not included) before they are shipped. Regular shipping days are Wednesdays and Saturdays. International shipping times take longer.
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS BUT WE CONSIDER EXCHANGE OR STORE CREDIT.
Refunds will be granted ONLY for damages items due to shipping and handling within in 7 days of receiving the item (s). If items are received damaged (due to weather conditions or handling) we will gladly replace the item(s) or issue a refund but you must contact us immediately to get the process started.
You will be REQUIRED to send us pictures or videos of the damaged items before you return the item(s).
Only damaged items will be provided pre-paid shipping labels to return damaged items. Please return any damage items within in 7 days of receiving the items to qualify for a refund after review. Refunds can take up to 10 business days to be processed.
All items must be returned within 7 days, unworn (unused) and without makeup marks on them to be accepted for exchange or a store credit. Please note, anything outside these guidelines will not qualify for store credit or exchange.
Discounted items and items purchased on promotion are NOT eligible for return. They are FINAL SALE. If you used a coupon or purchased an item on clearance, the sale is final.
All return/exchange requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be updated within 24-48 hours regarding your return.
524 Clint lane
Fredericksburg VA 22405
IMPORTANT - If damaged items or items considered for return or exchange, are not returned within 7 days of receipt all terms and conditions will be VOIDED.
Pre Order Terms
Pre Order Terms
Pre-order items are scheduled to be received in our warehouse on or between the dates specified in the description.
Once the items are received then and only when we start the process of packaging in preparation for shipping which, could take additional 3-5 days before the order is shipped.
Please note that the dates are estimated dates, however, we do keep you informed if delivery dates are changed by the manufacturer.
Please review detail descriptions on products on how to take care of your garments.
Please visit your local cobbler for information on how to care for your leather products. Most of our leather goods are made from cow or croc leather.
Helpful tips on How to Clean and Maintain Your Leather Goods
1 Do regularly clean leather with a soft brush or cloth.
2 Do regularly air out leather.
3 Do blot away water or moisture as soon as possible.
4 Do dry wet leather naturally, away from artificial heat.
5 Do keep leather supple with a specialised leather conditioner every 3-6 months.